Our department has its own computing facilities which are available to students and their projects:
Software available in the general teaching labs includes:
- a wide range of standard productivity and document preparation tools such as Office 2010 and LibreOffice
- creative and media related packages, e.g. Maya
- development environments including Netbeans, Visual Studio
- programming languages including C++, C#, Java, Visual Basic, Python
- Software for data analysis and modeling MATLAB
We also have two specialist teaching labs with specialist hardware (especially CISCO Networking Academy and computer hardware).